Sunday, March 13, 2005

Yo!

I'm back. I'm here to remind you and myself that I exist, am alive and kicking.

So, wasup?

I saw, "Diary of a Mad Black Woman," yesterday. Good, good, good. I was laughing out loud and tearing up at the same time. And, no...I wasn't the only one. There were even quite a few male attendees. Probably under the urgings of their significants...at least that's what they'll tell ya'.

Anyways, I was really impressed with the film. I was kind of expecting it to be overrun with the buffoonery that dominates the few black films that are picked up by major studios. Oh, but no. Well, there was silliness, and craziness. But, it was only a portion. Like that goofy part of your personality that only serves to balance you out, you know?

But, what really thrilled me and intrigued me and, well, awed me was its unabashed discussion of God, the Bible, Jesus, the Word, a Christian walk. I mean, this is primetime, baby! This is dollars being put up and risked and all that. These are the years of no risks, mainstream, comformists.

What the hell?! How dare someone be so bold about Christianity being not a bad thing? Not an evil thing? Not a shameful thing?

Wow. Thoroughly impressed.

Next up: Constantine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home