Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Why am I So Wise?

Went hiking all on my lonesome this past Sunday (it being Tuesday, now). In black and white (or burgundy and brown, depending on the color I choose for the text) that looks so pitiful. But, it wasn’t. There are few people I’d rather spend my time with.

So, anyway, I laid down on a rock. And, you should’ve seen this rock; I think it was carved for a body. My body, maybe. One day I’m going to cart it away from its little space, depriving my skittish lizard friend its home. And, then I’ll drop the rock in the middle of my living room and lie on it.

But staring at a ceiling wouldn’t be nearly as affecting. Maybe I’ll leave it where it is. I’ll bring the living room to the rock, instead.

Looking up the sky was actually blue. Azure. The ocean was above me, that day. And the thickest, most unbelievably fluffy white balls of cotton were stuck on that amazing surface. Peering through the thin tree limbs, and then making them part of the picture, was pretty cool. I could hear the bugs' wings buzzing. I'm sure there were birds, too. I listened to the water rush by somewhere further up the trail. And, I thought, "What a great moment for deep thoughts and wonderful realizations." Or, maybe just to take a minute and slow down, which is what I got out of it at that particular time. I got up feeling good, thinking that there's always a next time for intelligent internal conversation. Maybe next time.

So, I’m finding my voice. Please bear with me as I shift from a funky take-no-shit-nor-prisoners old woman to lyrical, yoda-like, prose-forming hippie. I think where I’m coming from is somewhere between those two places. Just a matter of finding my balance, I s’pose.

Right now, I leave you with my new favorite spot: Launch . Yahoo!’s music site that allows moi to build her own customizable radio station. Yippee!! Currently playing: Duran Duran's, "Night Boat." Before that Van Hunt's "Hold My Hand" and before that Jeff Buckley's, "Opened Once," from the CD "Sketches for my Sweetheart the Drunk". A CD that will likely soon fall into my eager hands.


Till we meet again, yaw'll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home