Monday, February 14, 2005

Vhat to Write, Vhat to Write…?

Hmmm, well, the obvious does not need to be stated. Let us avoid the elephant in the room like the series, “Desperate Housewives,” tells us is the strength of WASPS.

Of course, I never have been, never will be and am not one of those stinging creatures, but still some of their habits may not be so bad.

So, hmmm…yep…nice weather we’re having on this fine fourteenth day of February...yep...

Sooooo, I start up my nite classes, again. After that long-ass three day semester break I’m ready to get my feet and fingers dirty again. That was sarcasm. But, not a lot, just a little. Actually, I’m looking forward to my sculpture class (metals, and wood and plasics, OH MY!). Today will be the first day of my jewelry II class and I’ll admit I’m a little apprehensive, seeing as how I didn’t exactly finish the last two projects of the prior course.

Damn silver!!! It was against me from the start.

Of course, the fact that my designs were over-complicated and that I made like a million and a half ton mistakes probably is partly to blame.

But, still….damn silver!!!

Oh, hey, here’s a topic:

Religious person (though, I guess, part-time "religious") rents house with gay man. Ha! That’s me, alright. The whole story’s been covered in my written journal, but I guess I’d be remiss (lovely word, hm?) if I didn’t cover it here.

So, here’s the thing: I moved away from the house of horror into this nice little place that I share with two women. The backhouse, as I was told, would be lived in by the brother of the owner.

I met neither the other female nor the brother, but figured that they couldn’t be any less sane than where I’d come from. The day I moved in I met bro’. We didn’t hit it off at the beginning. He came at me like a whirlwind with a speech about his expectations and mountains of miscommunication between us. I’m saying to myself, “This ain’t gonna work. We are gonna clash,” as I purposely cross my arms, sending the “not open for this business” message. It was just after this that got the inkling that I could probably walk right out of the shower buck naked in front of this guy and be cool. Not that I would. Just sayin’.


So, here’s the “ish.” Me, I don’t go to church (which, I am ashamed at how proudly I say that, really). But, I believe in the bible, its edicts and will tell people…if they ask. I don’t witness or any of that, but won’t change my views when confronted. Which, in the past has lead to exchanges where I’m reminding myself to stay calm as I repeat what I’ve already said, and the person in front of me demeans my views and those that share them. Putting me down for feeling the way I feel and believing the way I believe. Pretty hypocritical, if you ask me.

Anywho, in order to avoid such confrontations I’ve avoided living situations where the environment seems in opposition to what are deemed archaic and rigid beliefs.

So, no one ever told me, nor was it in the ad that bro’ was gay. Which is still important, even in this day of modern thinking and mayhem. Otherwise they wouldn’t ask those questions on the little search thingies that they have for the roommate sites. You want harmony, so you try to avoid chords that don’t match, you know?

That’s the gist, really. It’s been a few weeks, and the topic has yet to come up, really. But, I’m sure it will, and I’m not looking forward to the “discussion” that I’m sure will ensue.

Blah. Anywho, me and the bro’ seem to be connecting better. He’s sweet (no pun intended). He’s almost forty but for some reason he reminds me of a little brother. Not that I would know much about little brothers…though my six year old lil’ sis is a bit of a tom-boy.

Till then, I’m sure I will tearfully tell you all about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home