Monday, October 25, 2004

It's official..I'm a nut.

There’s a stigma against talking with oneself out loud. And, people seem so embarrassed when caught doing so.

Personally, I don’t care. Even better, I love learning that someone is only human, like the rest of us. (Except for the UFO’s posing as humans…of course)

That said, I stated once to someone it’s okay to hold discussions with yourself. You do it in your head. So what if it slips from your lips, too?

The true sign of insanity is when you begin to argue with yourself:



“Should I go to the store?”

“No. You don’t need anything.”

“But, I’m hungry.”

“You’ve got plenty in the fridge to make something out of. Just cook!”

“I don’t feel like it.”

“Get your lazy ass up and cook, for God’s sake!”


Myself and I had that little run-in yesterday. One of many over the past year or so.

I've resorted to giving myself the silent treatment and avoiding me as much as possible. I think it's for the best; I’m still a bit miffed at my tone. I think I could have gotten my point across just as clearly and with less impatience.

I just don’t understand me. I don’t think I ever will.

But, I’m hoping myself and I can work things out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home